by Christopher Randolph
Purpose: Screen for deficits in acute-care settings, track recovery during rehabilitation, track progression of neurological disorders and screen for neurocognitive status in adolescent
Age: 12 through to 89 years
Qualification Level: B
Offering valuable enhancements, the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status Update® (RBANS® Update) is a brief, individually administered battery to measure cognitive decline or improvement.
- Used by clinicians to help screen for deficits in acute-care settings, track recovery during rehabilitation, track progression of neurological disorders and screen for neurocognitive status in adolescent
- Covers five domains: Immediate Memory, Visuospatial/Constructional, Language, Attention, and Delayed Memory
- Downward age extension to 12:0 years
- Subtest scores now available in addition to index scores
- Manual updates, including new information on adolescents and review of RBANS-specific research conducted since original publication (1998)
- Equating studies for Forms C and D
- The Notes for UK Users were developed to assist UK clinicians with administering the RBANSUK Update. It details appropriate substitutions for the UK population, these substitutions are also on the RBANSUK Update Record Forms A and B.
- Subtest level scores are now available for all 12 subtests, and normative data down to age 12.