The test now consists of 190 items presented in a developmental sequence (based on the 2010 normative sample) that reflects the concepts with which people currently have experience through home, school, or media. The expanded norms allow use of the test with adults in various diagnostic, rehabilitation, or therapeutic settings. The EOWPVT-4 has been co-normed with the ROWPVT-4 to provide a comprehensive assessment of expressive and receptive vocabulary.
Whats new in this edition
Expanded age norms; oldest norms group (80+) includes persons up to 103 years
New images for youngest and oldest ages
Updated word list
Updated developmental sequence of images
More words added for youngest ages
Readjusted starting points
Ability to use test with young adults, older adults
- Co-normed with ROWPVT-4 to give complete picture of naming vocabulary
- Easy to use items are arranged in one continuous developmental sequence (no groupings to keep track of)
- Focus on confrontation naming using mainly nouns - keeps interpretation clear and direct
- Test format / administration retains the same efficient features as previous edition
- Is appropriate to use with all ethnicities (all were included in the norming sample)
- Comparisons made for special populations: AD/HD, Autistic, Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Normative sample matches US Census demographics on region, metropolitan area, ethnicity, gender, education level
Can now use test with adults!
It can be used with persons who have experienced:
- traumatic brain injury,
- neurodegenerative disease (Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc.)
Administration and Scoring
Colour pictures are presented singly to the examinee, who is asked to name what is shown. The EOWPVT-4 retains the use of prompts and cues (shown on the Record Form) to ensure that examinees will attend to the relevant aspects of each illustration. Age-related starting points and ceilings (reached when the examinee makes a set number of consecutive errors) ensure that only a subset of items (the critical range) is administered.
The EOWPVT-4 is untimed and can be administered in about 20 minutes. Scoring is easy and straightforward, generally taking less than 5 minutes. Raw scores are reported as standard scores, percentile ranks, and (if necessary) age equivalents.