by Gerard A. Gioia, PhD, Peter K. Isquith, PhD, Steven C. Guy, PhD, and Lauren Kenworthy, PhD
Qualification Level: A (Psychologist)
Purpose: Uses BRIEF2 scores to predict likelihood of ADHD
Age Range: 5 years to 18 years
Time: Approximately 10 minutes to score
Use BRIEF2 scores and classification statistics within an evidence-based approach to predict likelihood of ADHD and determine subtype.
Features and benefits
- Helps evaluators "rule in" ADHD and "rule out" other explanations for observed behaviors.
- Uses scores from BRIEF2 Parent and/or Teacher Forms or PARiConnect reports.
- Helps inform development of IEP goals.
- Requires BRIEF2 Parent and/or Teacher Form scores. BRIEF2 Self-Report Form scores are optional and can be used on the DSM-5™ Symptom Checklist.
- Compares profiles of parent and teacher ratings with profiles of children diagnosed with ADHD–Inattentive type and ADHD–Combined type.
- Examines probability of ADHD diagnosis using postive and negative predictive values.
- Uses a checklist of BRIEF2 items from Parent, Teacher, and/or Self-Report Forms that align with DSM-5 Inattentive and Hyperactive/Impulsive criteria.