Age: Infant, Preschool, Child, Adolescent
To view a PowerPoint Presentation about the CAB, please click here.
Note: You will need to have Microsoft® PowerPoint to view the presentation.
Features of the CAB
- Provides three separate Rating Forms: the Parent Extended Rating Form (CAB-PX), with a total of 170 items, and the Parent Rating Form (CAB-P) and the Teacher Rating Form (CAB-T), each with a total of 70 items.
- Provides Parent (ages 2-18 years) and Teacher (ages 5-18 years) Rating Forms with corresponding items, thus allowing both parents and teachers to contribute equally to the evaluation of target behaviors.
- Requires only a 12 year reading level for completion.
- Rating Forms are quick to administer and can be efficiently scored by the CAB Scoring Program (CAB-SP).
- Normative data includes 2,114 parent ratings and 1,689 teacher ratings.
Scales for Differentiating Emotional Disturbance From Social Maladjustment
Because emotional disturbance is viewed as an educational related disorder, IDEA (1997) requires treatment for students who have it. IDEA further requires that emotional disturbance be differentiated from social maladjustment, which is not considered to be an educationally related disorder and, therefore, requires no mandated services under the law. In response to the difficulties faced by many clinicians in distinguishing emotional disturbance from social maladjustment, the CAB can now be used to help differentiate these conditions for students between the ages of 2 and 18 years.
These new scales appear in Appendix H of the CAB Professional Manual. The new scales, Emotional Disturbance (ED) and Social Maladjustment (SM), are discussed in terms of item assignments for each of the CAB Forms (CAB-PX, CAB-P, and CAB-T) and norms development based on the same T-score metric as the other CAB scales. A case example is included and interpretation is discussed. Discrepancy score tables are included for each of the CAB Forms that further differentiate Emotional Disturbance and Social Maladjustment. The CAB Scoring Program (CAB-SP) also has been updated to provide T scores for both scales by age and gender, and each scale can be considered in light of its respective qualitative classifications.
Free CAB Scoring Program (CAB™-SP) Is Included!
The CAB-SP calculates raw and T scores and percentiles for all scales and clusters. After paper-and-pencil administration, the parents' and/or teachers' responses are entered manually using the CAB-SP. The software offers easy and rapid data entry for CAB items, calculation of all scores, and generation of a complete Score Report and profile for each of the three CAB Rating Forms.
Requirements: Windows® 2000/XP/Vista™; NTFS file system; CD-ROM drive for installation; Internet connection or telephone for software activation