by Peter K. Isquith, PhD, Robert M. Roth, PhD, Gerard A. Gioia, PhD, and PAR Staff
Purpose: Assess adult executive functioning/self-regulation
The BRIEF-A Software Portfolio (BRIEF-A SP) is used to score and generate interpretive reports for both the Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function-Adult Version™ (BRIEF-A™) Self-Report and Informant Report. Based on the clinician's entry of an individual's item or scale raw scores, the software program generates normative scores and Interpretive Reports, Feedback Reports, and Protocol Summary Reports. Program functionality includes navigation tools (e.g., menu system, Quickstart dialog box, Toolbar, Status Bar), file handling, and report editing.
The BRIEF-A SP file handling system allows the user to create a client file where all protocols and report files for that client are managed. Each client file contains all demographic information for that individual. Once a client file has been established, this information will be shared by all protocols and reports that are generated for that individual. As a BRIEF-A SP user, you will receive information from PAR whenever an upgrade becomes available.
- Generates profile graphs with the ability to overlay profiles from prior administrations for the same client.
- Generates Interpretive Reports, Feedback Reports, and Protocol Summary Reports of BRIEF-A results.
- Includes built-in, easy-to-use report editing features.
- Exports client data to many spreadsheet and database programs.
- Exports client reports to common word processing programs.
- Includes an optional password feature to ensure the privacy and security of client data.
Components of the BRIEF-A SP
The components of the BRIEF-A SP include a CD-ROM containing the BRIEF-A SP software to install on your hard drive, an Installation Guide, and an on-screen Software Manual.
The BRIEF-A SP Interpretive Report provides a Score Summary Table with T scores, percentiles, and 90% confidence intervals based on seven normative groups by age. The report also provides a Profile Graph of T scores for all scales, indexes, and the composite. Interpretive text for the composite (i.e., GEC), the indexes (i.e., BRI, MI), the nine clinical scales, and the three validity scales (i.e., Negativity, Infrequency, Inconsistency) is included. The clinician also has the option to print intervention recommendations along with the Interpretive Report. These intervention recommendations include up to 103 suggestions for modifications and supports that are organized by area of executive functioning difficulty (i.e., by scale).
The Feedback Report provides a basic overview of the client's BRIEF-A test results. It is written with the client or client's family in mind.
The Protocol Summary Report allows the clinician to select up to four administrations of the BRIEF-A, by different respondents or time points, for comparison. It presents T scores, item responses, and graphical presentation of BRIEF-A profiles for comparison over time, between respondents, or both.
- Powerful scoring and interpretive logic generates T-score profiles and incorporates interpretation of the nine clinical scales and three validity scales within the context of the three indexes--Metacognition, Behavioral Regulation, and the overarching Global Executive Composite.
- Unlimited scoring and report generation for the BRIEF-A Self-Report and Informant Report Forms after manual-entry of an individual's item responses or scale raw scores from the paper-and-pencil form(s) .
- Reports can be edited easily on-screen to incorporate additional clinical information and edit interpretive statements. Recommended intervention strategies that target the specific needs or special circumstances of the individual can be edited easily on-screen.
- Comprehensive Interpretive Reports save you valuable report-writing time and provide useful documentation to assist in rehabilitative and therapeutic planning for adults with executive function difficulties.
- User-friendly system functionality includes program navigation tools, file handling, report editing, Tooltips®, and data export (for research applications).
Requirements: Windows® 2000/XP/Vista™; NTFS file system; CD-ROM drive for installation; Internet connection or telephone for software activation
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 05 February, 2010.